Sunday, April 11, 2010

Arrival in Boston

I arrived in Boston quite exhausted, a friday afternoon.
I was quite afraid that the customs would control my suitcase : 3 saucissons, 2 bottles of wine, a dry ham... But after the border crossing interview, the officer wrote a big "1" on the customs paper, and the control officer led me directly to the exit, with lots of "welcome back" : thank you Harvard !

I went directly to Fraunhofer CMI, to meet Alexander. I had the opportunity to see Rebecca, and some of the engineers from the company.
Alexander bought a lot of stuff for his motorcycle, and asked me about the one I would buy this year. I am sure I will miss the motorcycle trips 300 miles a day on a great bike ! But I would like to take some flight lessons, and those are pretty expensive, so no bike this time...
We went to the B.U. pub, had some nasty greasy & delicious nachos around a beer. Then came the Jet Lag Canceling Theorem :
If one has a positive jet lag (wake up early, go to bed early), then one should go to bed very late to completely mess up his biologic clock. So that the next day he would be able to tune up ! Alexander G. Bio phd : JLCT
This is how we spent the evening in this luxurious frat housing in Brookline, with Jacuzzi, Sauna, Pool : to work on my jet lag !

I spent some very nice time with Alexander, Marc and Vanessa, in their living room. We enjoyed some saucisson and some ham, together with some chinese food ! This was a very nice time but I felt like I needed a room to work and I found something very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment