Saturday, April 10, 2010

Préliminaires : a not so cool and relax year.

"5th year, dude, that's sooo cool & relax"... or not !

That was actually one of the busiest period of my student life.

It all started back in september 2009, I was back from Mayotte for 2 days, and it was already the first day in my school. A quite important day : The choice of the 5th year option. We had several proposal, from Big motors (coupled with acoustics, for an obscure well known reason), to chip design, through Telecom, Regulation, and Signal & Image processing.
I was still thinking of having a nap in an island in Mayotte's lagoon after lunch, or diving to say "Hi" to the fishes, whereas, the new head of our department was more worried about how angry would be the students who wouldn't get their randomly attributed option : "Don't worry, the option don't matter at all".
Oh yes it was an important choice ! I have chosen Signal & Image processing because I am into new tech (one can say slight geek) , and this domain is pretty impressive. So I took the whole package, with the option and the Master of Science, and started a new year !
This was a very interesting option, but I had to be happy with the fact that I would see my friends enjoying the laid out version of the 5th year while I'd be working.

After a long internship research, I have been accepted in the Megason Lab, in Boston (again !). This is a bio lab, from Harvard Medical School. They are doing amazing imaging and need a lot of image processing.

I was (am) really motivated for this internship and I told Sean Megason (director of the lab), that I would work and do my best to be prepared before the internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment